Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Quad

Quad was very quiet yesterday and didn't run when I took him down to the arena.  He isn't colicking (at least he wasn't yesterday), but the ranch owner will keep an eye on him.  Not like him to be quiet...

By 11:00, it was too warm up there and the breeze started, so I headed home and spent the afternoon going through my old photos.  It was 106 here in the desert and way too hot to go outside.  This morning, the humidity is HERE.  The mountains will be getting rain for the next 3 days, so I might get some photos of the clouds around the mountains.

1 comment:

sandy said...

wow, hope Quad is feeling frisky again soon. And when I read 106, seems like heat would be a factor in this. I know you must be so looking forward to cooler weather. We were in Redlands on Saturday. The temp gauge in our car said it was 95 - to me on the asphalt in the parking lot it felt at least 100 plus. I was glad to get back home.