Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

No fishing from bridge!



We spent a week up in the Sierras after the end of school.  The last day, a mother appeared exactly as the bell was ringing at the end of school and the kids scattered, only to return for a slice of pizza.  I never really got to say goodbye to any of them!   :-(  That made me sad.  It was CHAOS!

Anyway, I spent the weekend at home and I did go up Sunday to visit the horses.  It was just a brief visit.  Everybody was fine.  I'll go up and see them either tomorrow or Friday and spend the day with them.

We left last Monday morning and spent the night in Ridgecrest.  That's a 3 hour drive from our home.  From there, it is an easy drive up to the beginning of the Sierras.  We stopped in Lone Pine for breakfast and ate lunch at Walker Burger in Walker.  Then we headed up Highway 89?  (I think...) up past the Carson River.  That is such beautiful country!

We pulled into South Lake Tahoe, went to Raley's, and bought groceries for dinner and breakfast.  Our room at the Marriott Timeshare had a complete kitchen, so we didn't have to eat out at all.

No comments: